Sunday, March 22, 2009

Louisiana Bound. Transocean family picnic.

3 friends

mommy and boys
Drake's swim

My handsome honey, with our amazing little men.
My little golfer
Carter did so well with Floaties

Running around, what they did most of

Park Fun

One of the two jump jumps and then lots of games

Drake golfing
Carter doesn't know if he should try it or not
My favorite. Anyone know how to make the sauce..
Carter did so well with the frog game
Hanging out in the room

Yes they got totally soaked, but it made for a precious picture.

Kid Fish

Drake and Luke

Oh what a wonderful, but tiring weekend we all had. Transocean always puts on a wonderful family weekend. It first starts with a craw fish boil on Thursday and the kids just run wild, playing games with each other. Friday is a golfing tournament and fun evening and then on Saturday they have an all day picnic.

Thursday was nice and relaxing getting to visit with people and meeting new friends. Drake ran around with friends and Carter enjoyed playing at the park nonstop. Mom of course enjoyed lots of craw fish. Man I could live over there and eat nonstop. And dad enjoyed visiting with people from work, kicking it back with a few beers.

Friday Jess and Drake got up early for the golf tournament. Drake got to ride with his uncle Ramsey so he was in high heaven. The guys even let him play a bit and he thought that he was big stuff. Carter and I got up for a LATE, breakfast. I was so thankful that he slept in till 9:30 and then we lazily got up and had breakfast at 10:30 with Rebecca and Luke. (husband works for Transocean and her son) After lunch Carter wanted to go for a swim, so we went back and got our swim gear. This year I was prepared and brought stuff for the pool. Blew up Carter's floaties, which was something new for him, and we had a great time at the pool. He did so well with his floaties, but got nervous each time I would let him go. After an hour at the pool we headed back up to the golf course and the guys were done, so I went and watched Drake hit a few balls at the driving range. After a few breakdowns, from two tired kiddos we all headed back to the room and all four of us took a nap. Then Drake and I headed back to the pool for a little swim, and then we all got dressed and headed to the Pavilion. Jump, Jumps, Music, Good Food, and the park, we had a great evening.

Saturday they had a kid fish tournament and then an afternoon of running around, playing nonstop. The had the Jump Jumps set up and the kids played in that, and some how they made it to the sand and started playing in the water. The water was freezing, but it didn't stop either one of the boys, the loved it. I think we have two water boys on our hands. After about an hour of wet fun, we took the boys back to the room to bathe and change clothes. Headed back down for some more fun time, little guy took a nap, and then more fun and we wrapped up around 8:00. We headed back to the room and made the decision to drive back instead of waiting till the morning. We thought that the boys could sleep while we drove the 4 hours. So we feed them and bathed them and loaded into the car. The ride home was long, and lots of crazies on the road that late, but so worth it to sleep in our own bed, and wake up in the morning and not have to drive.
The boys on the ride home

We are already looking forward to next year. Even though the drive is long, it is so worth it for all of us.


Claire said...

Looks like fun! Jess' company puts this on? If so, that is so nice!! It fun to get away but AWESOME to come home! Loved ALL the pics!

Swan Family said...

Great photos! The one of the boys climbing on the rail while the sun was setting is awesome.