Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday DRAKE!!












I really can't believe I am the mother of a 6 year old. Where has the time gone, all I can say is that it has gone by FAST right before my eyes:(...

My Dearest Drake,
Man oh Man I can't believe that you are 6 today. It seems like yesterday we brought you home and our life began. I still remember the moment they told us that we were having a little boy, I was scared to death, but so excited to become that boy's mom. I had so many thoughts of how our life would be with you, and you have exceeded all of those. We have had our ups and downs, our good and bad, but I wouldn't change a minute of our life together for anything. We are not perfect, but we are a family.

You amaze me daily with everything you are learning and how you are growing. You started Kindergarten this year and even though you tell me daily you want to stay home, you are doing great in school. Learning how to read, write words, add numbers, the stuff you can tell me, blow me away daily. One cute thing you told me the other day was about the president Abraham Lincoln, you said, "Mom do you know the man that is really tall, he wears a tall black hat, has a silly looking beard, and sits in a special chair" you had mommy and daddy laughing. I think I will remember that always. You are such a great big brother. You share with your brother daily, and you teach him so much. You never think twice about helping him out, you just do it. Tonight as we were blowing out your candles, you blew all of them out but two and looked at Carter and said "Your turn Car Car, help me blow them out" you just melt my heart the way you think of him. I think you and Carter will be best friends forever.

You still have your shy side, and you are quick to remind us of that when new people come around, but I think you are beginning to come out of that. Use to every time you did well at something and people would clap you would duck your head and never wanted people to make a big deal. Now with baseball you are doing a little better of being proud of yourself and letting us clap and tell you how proud we are of you. This is your first year of baseball, Machine pitch, and daddy is helping coach and you are doing AWESOME!! You really have a great grasp on the game, pitching and hitting. I think we are looking forward to a great season.

Drake I thank God every day that he blessed me with you as a son. I am so proud to be your mommy. Thanks for making my life so beautiful.. I love you sweet boy!!!

MOMMY~

1 comment:

Claire said...

You made me cry...how sweet! Happy Birthday Drake! The Smith's